What to expect:
For seven days you’ll start the day with a soothing morning meditation, and you’ll enjoy a late morning and an evening yoga class. The yoga practices will be for all levels of practitioners (some experience of yoga will be required to take part in the retreat), and with lots of personal attention from Tim, you’ll be able to deepen and refine your practice. Three workshops will be devoted to specific yoga topics, such as inversions, breath and ancient yoga philosophy.
In between scheduled activities you’ll have plenty of time to get to know fellow participants, enjoy the beautiful medieval hamlet of Querceto – a 1000 years old hamlet nested in the heart of Tuscany’s largest national Park, Monte Rufoli – relax by the beautiful infinity pool in the spectacular olive grove, take a walk in the national park that surrounds the hamlet, or hit the nearby secluded Mediterranean beaches. There’s no shortage of activities to choose from in or around this prime location!
Daily activities will include:
– Morning & afternoon yoga classes in a beautiful converted barn at the top of the hamlet where you can enjoy spectacular views over the valley
– Meditating in the garden overlooking the national park
– Workshops on: Pranayama (yogic breath); the ancient philosophy of the Yoga Sutras (the sacred yoga texts), and inversions (upside-down yoga postures)
– Enjoying breathtaking sunsets dinners in a private square overlooking the hamlet
– Eating healthy, vegan meals and snacks
– Relaxing by the infinity swimming pool in the olive grove overlooking the valley
– Evening sound baths & circle gatherings
– Professional massages on site
– Individual (Private) Yoga classes
– Hiking through Monte Rufoli national park
– Walking meditation, extra meditations (with Tim)
– Mini Yoga workshops on requested subjects with Tim
– Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea
– Visiting local hot springs for an evening soak
– Guided tours of nearby medieval and renaissance townships, like Volterra, Pisa or San Giminiano
In order for Tim to give every participant personal attention the retreat will be limited to a maximum of 16 participants.
YOGA LEVEL: some experience required. Get in touch with Tim directly if you have any questions (email address: email@example.com).
If traveling from afar, we recommend arriving a day or two ahead of the retreat in order to minimize the impact of jet-lag. In this case, we strongly recommend staying in Florence or Rome, visiting these Renaissance and Baroque jewels of a city with their marvelous architecture and some of the World’s finest classical art.
Tim is a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Certified Continuing Education Provider) and this retreat can be accredited towards your continuing yoga education. If you would like a certificate of attendance please let Tim know.
Arrival: 13 June between 2-4pm
Departure: 19 June between 10-11am
DAILY SCHEDULE (14-18 June)
06.30 – 07.00 | Morning meditation & Pranayama
07.00 – 08.30 | Morning Yoga Class
08.30 – 09.30 | Breakfast on the terrace
09.30 – 11.45 | Free Time*
11:45 – 13.30 | Philosophy & Meditation
13.30 – 14.30 | Lunch
14:30 – 16:30 | Free Time*
16.30 – 18.00 | Evening Yoga Class
18.00 – 19.00 | Chilling together
19.00 – 20.00 | Dinner
*”Free time” includes as of yet unscheduled activities and classes with Tim or others.
One afternoon will be ‘free time’ after lunch so activities can be scheduled that take longer: beach, excursion, etc